Commons Computer Email Client Settings

The documentation for email client setup on Cloudron has generic settings.

Here are the specific ones for Commons Computer

IMAP

For receiving email:

• Server Name: my.commonscomputer.com
  • Port: 993
  • Connection Security: TLS
  • Username/password: Use the full email as the username and the Cloudron account password

Use the email id as the username to access different mailboxes. For example, if email is enabled on two domains example1.com and example2.com , then use user@example1.com to access the example1.com mailbox and use user@example2.com to access the example2.com mailbox. In both cases, use the Cloudron account password.

Your CC Cloudron account has a single username and password. The username is always your email address – e.g. mailboxuser@commonscomputer.com or othermailbox@otherdomain.net.

If you have aliases setup – so that othermailbox@otherdomain.net is not a separate mailbox, just an alias to the first one – you user the first mailboxuser@commonscomputer.com as the username.

SMTP

For sending email:

• Port: 587
  • Connection Security: STARTTLS
  • Username/password: Use the full email as the username and the Cloudron account password

POP3

This is disabled by default, but can be enabled per mailbox.

• Port: 995
  • Connection Security: TLS
  • Username/password: Use the email id as the username and the Cloudron account password

There are a couple of different reasons that you might want to enable POP3, including adding it to Gmail. Instructions for that are here: